2.21.2012

Defining Love

I came across this book while searching for the paperback cover of the Wimpy Kid 6 and another book which was inspired by the Sex and the City movie (forgot the title) yesterday at Fully Booked.

The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan

Source

The book was describe as a love story written in a dictionary form (sounds interesting :])

Search for some excerpts of the book but I came across the author's twitter account instead and to my surprise all of his tweets were about the book's definition of love.


Sharing some notable tweets of the author:

camera, (n.): What I capture is something of you and something of the way I look at you.

call, (n.): When I’m away, I still want you to be the last voice of the night.

bulletproof, (adj.): I don’t want an invulnerable heart, but I want everything else to be protected, so your aim would have to be perfect.

both, (adj.): With one simple word, we are joined - and yet it still acknowledges that we are two. This is my ideal.

bombard, (v.): When you use “I love you” to prove something, it proves nothing but your own desperation.

betrayal, (n.): I don’t know which is worse – that you did it, or that you wanted to.

Those are just some of the many love definitions in the book and I really find it interesting, aren't they? Guess where my weekend trips will take me. LOL! :] It's a good opportunity for me to read something new. The last book that I read was Dear John pa!


Happy Tuesdays!


Toodles,,


No comments:

Post a Comment

“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”