2.20.2012

MaliNomnomnom na Tanghalian (A Tasty Lunch)

Remember that I blogged about planning something special for Tinee this month? Well guess what? I have already accomplished two out of my original 3 plans. LOL! :]

We've already watched "The Vow" last February 10 and just this Saturday, I treated her for lunch (plan was dinner date :]) at Nomnomnom.

Heard a lot of mixed comments about Nomnomnom and finally we got the chance to try it for ourselves. Thank you Metrodeal, I saved 250 for a 500 worth of voucher (I just love group buying sites).

 

As we entered the place, we were welcomed by their quirky decors. Somehow it reminded me of "Just G" (a clothing brand for girls and girls at <3), "Heima" (a furniture store), and somewhat a tea place because of the lamps, books, bird cages, teapots and teacups, etc. Also it will remind you of a canteen set-up because of their wooden tables and chairs or even a tambayan (place where you hangout). The vibe of the place is very down-to-earth. You have to see the place and judge it for yourself.

 



 




They have a wide variety of food choices to select from their menu, from the soups, to the salads, appetizers, pizzas, main course, rice toppings, etc.


Anyway, off to what we ordered:


Fried Ravioli (P110/6pc) - deep fried pasta pockets stuffed with cheesy kangkong and mushroom

Taste was ok. I know it was stuffed with Kangkong and Mushroom, but there was no mushrooms at all only kangkong and cheese. It was served with a dip and homemade salsa. I suggest that you eat it together with salsa and drizzle a little of its dip to taste better.


Nuggets Mo? Rice Crater (P110) - Veggie meat nuggets in chili sauce

Tinee's dish, I end up enjoying eating her dish than mine. The chili sauce is not spicy at all, it tasted like tomato salsa. I also liked the after taste of the nuggets because I kept on guessing what were the nuggets made of.


Lime Chicken with Alfredo Sauce (P180) - Chicken strips marinated in lime and drizzle with alfredo sauce.

My dish. I expected that there were parts of the chicken strips not covered with alfredo sauce so that there will be a little comparison in the taste, but it turns out to be like this. Also hoping that the alfredo sauce is tasty and cheesy but it wasn't. Chicken was tender. That's all.


Nomnomnom's House Blend Iced Tea and Dalandan Juice (P40/glass)


Boom Chikka Wawa (P90) - Ice cream cookie sandwich

Tinee wanted something for dessert so we ended up getting one. The texture of the vanilla ice cream was perfect, not too soft and not too frozen. Although we have a hard time eating the cookie.


Over-all experience was good, it could have been great. There are restos that serve veggie meals but still taste great. Sayang, the place has a lot of potential because of it's goodie-good vibe and the concept of the "tambayan" style. I'm still giving it a chance next time we dine here.




As of now we're giving it a rating of: 3.5 out of 5 foodie points








 Have a great week ahead..







P.S.
Please have your own restroom. I freaked out when I saw a lizard's head stuck on the restroom's door :[

No comments:

Post a Comment

“A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”